J.S.S. SAKRI LAW COLLEGE, HEGGERI, HUBLI – 024
Salient activities for the year 2015-16 in brief
I. Functions :
1. Flag Hoisting Ceremony – 69th Independence Day Celebration on 15th
2. Inaugural of College Union , Gymkhana, NSS & Red Cross Activities – Chief
Guests: Dr. B.G. Biradar, Principal, Good News College, Kalaghatagi and Dr.Mahesh D.
HOrakeri, Librarian, Good News College, Kalaghatagi
3. Legal Literacy Camp organized at College in association with Taluk Legal
Service Authority, Hubli and Hubli Bar Association, Hubli 26-11-2015 –
Inauguratede by Mrs. Sujata Patil, Principal Civil Judge, Hubali (Jr. Dn.)
4. Digital Indian Week celebrated – Elocation and Essay Competition conducted
5. Inter Class Quiz Competition conducted on 26-11-2015.
Chandrika Kurandawad, S.C. Nandimath Law College, Bagalkot
7 special lecture arranged on Mediation on 21-04-2016--guest speaker prof.Sharada
Patil Principal GK Law College Hubballi
8 special lecture arranged on Outlook On Inheritance on 26-04 2016 guest speaker Dr.
Shaikh Iqbal Ahmed Senior Divisional Safety Officer Railway Dept Bangalore
1. Campus cleaned by our Volunteers on Sundays
2. Blood Donation Camp and Health Check up Camp organized on 21-03-2016
3. NSS Special Camp arranged : At Mavoor – 5 KM from the College for 07 Days i.e.,
from 29th March, to 5th April, 2016
1. Inter Law Collegiate Volley Ball (Women) Tournament organized at our College on
12th and 13th
J.S.S. SAKRI LAW COLLEGE, HEGGERI, HUBLI – 024
Salient Activities for the Year 2014-15 in Brief
1. Flag Hoisting Ceremony – 68th Independence Day Celebration on 15th August, 2014
2. Special Lecture on “Global Environmental Issues” by Sri Mukund Maigur, Senior
Environmentalist on 27th August, 2014
3. Special Lecture on “Importance of English Language and Communication Skills” by
Smt. Jyothi Arumugam
4. Special Lecture on “Appointment of Judges Independence of Judiciary and
appointment of High Court and Supreme Court Judges” by Dr. Veena Madhav Tonapi
5. Teachers Day Celebration on 14th September, 2014
6. Inaugural of Gymnkhana activities – Chief Guest Dr. T.R. Subramanya, Hon’ble Vice
Chancellor, Karnataka State Law Univesity, Hubli
7. Inaugural of N.S.S. and Youth Red Cross Wing on 29th September, 2014 – Chief
Guests: Prof. K.S. Koujalagi, Rtd. NSS Officer, SKArts College, Hubli and Dr. M.M. Nuchhi
, Associate Professor, Ayurveda Mahavidyala, Hubli
8. N.S.S. Activity at Banshankari Badavane, Vidyanagar, Hubli on 2nd. October, 2014
– Swachhata Abhiyana
9. Organised Two Day Inter Collegiate Badminton Tournament in association with
K.S.L.U., Hubli on 30th and 31st. October, 2014 at R.N. Shetty Indoor Stadium,
Dharwad – Chief Guests: Smt. Nagmani Hampli, Syndicate Member, KSLU, Hubli and Dr.
B.C. Sateesh, Additional Deputy Commissioner, K.A.S., Dharwad District, Dharwad.
10. Law Day Celebration on 26th November, 2014 – Chief Guests: Sri K.C. Patil,
Advocate, Hubli – Special Lecture arranged.
11. Swami Vivekanand Jayanti Celebration organized – Guests: Sri Ramakrishna Gudi
and Sri Joshi and others
12. Special Lecture arranged at City High School, on 24-1-2015 – Chief Guests: Sri
Mukund Maigur, Sree Medha K. Tonapi
13. Special Lecture arranged on Company Law by Smt. Madhuri Kulkarni, Company
Secretary, Hubli on 12-03-2015.
14. Special Lecture on Mediation and Client Counselling on 28-2-2015 by Sri Satish R.
Raichur, Advocate, Dharwad.
15. Blood Donation Camp has organsed at 11-3-2015 on the occasion of International
Women’s Day – 07 Students have donated the Blood.
16. Special Lecture on Spirtual Ways to Manage Stress: Reconnect with yourself Spirit
and Nature. By Shri Ujjwal Sakri, Art of Living Foundation, Bangalore with the Alumini
Association – Shri Mohan Limbikai, Senior Advocate has presided over function.
17. Special Lecture on Examination of Witness by Shri K.B. Navalagimath, Senior
Advocate, Dharwad on 27th March, 2015
18. N.S.S. Special Camp organized at Parasapur village, Hubballi Taluk from 25th March,
to 31st March, 2015.
19. Elocution Competition conducted on 15th April, 2015 on the occasion of Dr. B.R.
20. Annual Social Gathering arranged on 3rd. June, 2015 – Dr. Sadashiva Marji and Sri
T.G. Balannavar, were the Chief Guests.
Regular classes of I, III, V semester have commenced from 4th August, 2014.
First Students meet
was held on 9th August 2014.
Issues is being organized.
from 1st September
to 13th September, 2014.
Procedure will be
held in 3rd and 4th week of September.
Admissions Open for the year 2014-15 for 3 year LL.B
Visit Karnataka Law University: http://www.kslu.ac.in
College is accredited with NAAC B++ on 20th May 2005
Formative years of Janata Shikshana Samiti – Our Management
Janata Shikshana Samiti’s Sakri Law College is functioning under the able Management of Janata Shikshana Samiti, Dharwad. Janata Shikshana Samiti was founded in the year 1954. It has established a network of number of educational Institutions in Hubli and Dharwad over a period of about 50 years. The brain behind the formation of Janata Shikshana Samiti was Sri. R.S. Hukkerikar- a popular freedom fighter, an Educationist and a Statesman of high caliber. He along with a team of spirited philanthropic personalities consisting of Sri. Mohare Hanumanthrao, Sri. Rangrao Diwakar and Sri. N.S.Gubbi, Sri. K.H.Kabbur and Justice N.S.Lokur of Bombay High Court - driven by a conviction that ‘in education lies the destiny of our Nation’ – established Janata Shikshana Samiti at Dharwad.
1973 was a turning phase in the life of Janata Shikshana Samiti. The arduous task of keeping the ‘Lamp of Knowledge’ burning was taken over by the new Management under the Presidentship of Pujya Sri. Sri. Vishweshtheertha Sri. Padangalavaru of Pejavarmath of Udupi and the Chairmanship of Pujya Dr. Veerendra Heggade Dharmadhikari Sri. Kshetra Dharmasthala- religious personalities discharging the Rig-Vedic pious obligation of ‘Rishi Runa’ to its hilt [-a debt discharged by acquiring and disseminating knowledge and training others to discharge their part of the pious obligation.] They have been instrumental in spreading the light of knowledge in various areas with the whole hearted involvement of the dynamic academician and able administrator Prof. N. Vajrakumar as its Secretary.
As the President of Sri. Dharmasthala Manjunateshwara Educational Trust Ujire, Dr. D. Veerendra Heggade, runs more than forty educational institutions. He is an architect of mass marriages at Dharmasthala. In addition, he runs a mobile dispensary for the benefit of the poor. He has adopted several villages surrounding Dharmasthala for poverty eradication and development in all respects. In addition Dharmasthala is known for its unique alternative dispute resolution mechanism under which justice is dispensed through unconventional methods by creating an awe in the name of God.
In those days, aspirants of legal education from Hubli-Dharwad and surrounding areas had to go to far off places like Kolhapur, Pune or Belgaum. To satisfy their thirst for legal Education –Janata Shikshana Samiti’s Sakri Law College came to be set up in the year 1955. Financial needs of our College were met through generous donation made by Shri Venkppanna Sakri - a leading commercial magnate of Bagalkot. As a token of our gratitude the College is named after him. The College continued to function from Dharwad until it shifted to Hubli in the year 1966.
After having functioned from rented premises in Lamington School for
33 years, the college shifted in August 2000 to its present premises
in Heggeri and is housed in a campus with a well-maintained and beautiful
garden which is conducive to learning. We owe our gratitude to our benevolent
Management for their support at every critical juncture.
|Copyright © Vision Infotech||COURSES | STAFF | EVENTS | FEES STRUCTURE | ALUMNI | CONTACTS|